Friday 27 July 2018

OUIJA (2014)


Ouija - 2014 - reviewed at Gorenography.comThis is a neat little film! I didn't hold too much hope for it as it had copped some negative reviews on the net but I have to say I really liked it. Ouija is probably more a thriller (or a supernatural thriller) than a gore flick, but there are some cool horror effects to be seen as the film progresses. After a slow-ish beginning things do ramp up and I have to say it kept me on the edge of my seat and even provided this seasoned horror veteran with a few jumps and that unnerving feeling of having watched a genuinely scary flick.

The film centres around two now teenage girls, Laine and Debbie who are inseperable best friends, who both seem to have everything going for them. Debbie inexplicably kills herself one afternoon after acting a little strange. Laine is not convinced Debbie killed herself and suspects that Debbie had been messing around with a Ouija board and decides to investigate. She and her friends begin using the board with the hopes of calling up Debbie and finding out what happened but inadvertantly summon up a more malevolent entity.

That's probably about as far as I can go without ruining the plot for you, dear reader, but the plot does have some neat twists and a few good scares. As a film its quite well shot, and flows well as a film and it kept my interest through out the film. Due to the nature of the film, I don't know how it would hold up to repeated viewings but overall I enjoyed it!

For more great horror movie reviews be sure to check out http://www.gorenography.com on a regular basis!


No comments:

Post a Comment