Sunday 7 April 2019

OMEN IV (1991)

Well this was a pleasant surprise... I make no secret that I'm a big fan of the original omen movie and the subsequent sequels were kind of cool but I have to say left a little to be desired, more so part 3 than part 2.

This movie actually feels a lot like the original, and follows the trials and tribulations of an upwardly mobile couple who are struggling to fall pregnant. Much like the original film they decide to adopt a child from the local orphanage. This time round its a baby girl, who shows many of the sinister traits that a young baby Damien showed in the original film. Bit by bit the mother, and then those who surround the child start to suspect something evil lurks within the child.  Bizarre incidents occur around the child leading to the death of anyone who gets close to figuring out the truth. 

There is one huge twist but of course I won't ruin that for you guys so you'll just have to watch it  yourself, but what I can say is that this film is rather well done and follows in the steps of the original OMEN film rather nicely. I would go so far as to say its the best of the series since the original. The production values are excellent and they use the original omen theme which is always a nice touch in the soundtrack. The little girl who plays Delia does a superb job and plays the role perfectly… I would not want to be left in a room alone with her at all! 

I can only wholeheartedly recommend this one to fans of the original film and horror fans in general it should have gained a much wider recognition than it did!

Anyway I did manage to find it on youtube so check it out for yourself 


For more great movies be sure to check out http://www.gorenography.com on a regular basis!


No comments:

Post a Comment